When CanadaVet was founded in 2005, it was established to supply Canadian sourced pet products to US based customers. At the time, certain government restrictions made it difficult for us to sell online to Canadians. Since 2005, we're proud of the dozens of Canadian jobs we've created and supported. We've now expanded and become a global company and source and ship products from all of the world. This is how we keep our prices so low!
Do you ship to Canadian addresses?
CanadaVet is happy to ship orders to Canadian addresses, and we have many thousands of happy Canadian based customers. Please note that to keep our prices low, now almost all of the products we sell are shipped from outside Canada.
Shipping and tax information for Canadian addresses
If you are using a Canadian delivery address, please note these important points:
- Most of our products are shipped from outside of Canada. We do this to keep our costs down and our prices low.
- If your order is shipped from outside Canada, there is a possibility that fees or taxes (such as PST, GST or HST) may be imposed by the Canada Border Services Agency. We have no control over this and any fees and taxes are your responsibility to pay.
- Because the Canada Border Services Agency rules are very complicated we cannot advise you what, if any, fees will be charged. Charges, if any, depend on what Province you live in, the value of individual items, where they are made and other factors - for more details visit http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/duty-droits-eng.html. However, customers who have been affected tell us that even if the CBSA does impose charges, our prices are still competitive.
- Some of the products we sell may be classified as veterinary drugs or pesticides and there are rules regarding the value and amount you can import for your personal use - for more details visit http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/pest/_fact-fiche/import/index-eng.php. Health Canada has also asked us to suggest you read their guidelines on importing drugs commercially and for private use, which you can read here: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/pdf/compli-conform/import-export/gui_0084-eng.pdf.
- Please be aware that Health Canada advises that Canadian Residents must not purchase products which require a prescription if sold within Canada as they cannot be imported in to Canada unless you hold the necessary permits. Click here for details: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/compliance-enforcement/importation-exportation.html Prescription drug list: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/prescription-drug-list/list.html Drug Product online query: https://health-products.canada.ca/dpd-bdpp/index-eng.jsp)
Remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all relevant laws in relation to any products you purchase. We accept no responsibility if your order is stopped and destroyed, delayed or returned by a government authority. This falls outside our delivery guarantee and you are responsible for all costs involved.
Most of our orders to Canadian addresses do not have any issues and don't have any additional charges applied, however we want you to know of the possibility, so you can take this in to account when ordering from us.
Can I shop your website in Canadian Dollars?
Yes you can! You can shop CanadaVet.com in either US dollars or Canadian Dollars. Simply select Canadian Dollars as your preferred currency in the drop down box on the left hand side of the page, and all prices will appear in CAD$ and your card or paypal account will be charged in CAD$. For more info, click here.